Tuesday, August 26, 2008

This course has appealed to me in a number of ways, other than that it is required as a part of TCU mandatory core credit hours. One is that I want to make stronger arguments in my essays. I have unique ideas, but the way I explain those ideas do not work out so well sometimes. I think that having the presidential election as the theme to my essays of argument will help me discover my values about the election, thus causing me to have a strong main point in my papers. The theme of the presidential election will also help me become more engaged of currents events, and political happenings, which I am very interested in, but not something that I regularly keep up with because I choose watching Project Runway instead of CNN as I turn on the T.V. I am also a member to the Model United Nations here at TCU, and the presidential election of the U.S. is an interesting study of how foreign policy might be different from the United States.

Most of the writing I do is probably on facebook. I am a late bloomer to this very popular site, and I find myself constantly signing on to it and writing little posts under people's picturs, or looking for the next person to chat with on the chat feature. Even in this informal situation I find myself being horrified by the way I write, sometimes not knowing if the person can fully understand what I am saying because of my fragments are rambled without punctuation. In college I also wirte quite a few letters to family members. I love writing these because I love to imagine how my grandmother or aunt feels when they recieve my letter, and them knowing that I think of them.

I am mostly interested in international politics because I like to empathise with all different cultures. Being in the Model U.N. gives me a chance to discover how the U.N, the most important forum for international debate, works. This does not mean that I don't care about what goes on in America, but I believe that all societies are connected in one way or another and learnig how to communicate effectively between of the nations, as hard as that is, is very important. In fact, learning about American policies first helps me conceptualize my own country's policy in case I ever wanted to do something internationally in the future.

This blog has displayed the argument that I am colorful and happy with my use of pastels, mainly blues and pinks. Also by my image it shoes that I am dedicated to my boyfriend and want to display him in pictures representing me because he is a big part of my life. I think my blog shows my points of view on a variety of themes from school, to social habits/activities. I could go on and on about what each proponent in my blog argues, but in summary I think my blog argues that I have passion about the things I do, and that I can be miscombobulated at times.

I have read the syllabus and fully agree to it's terms and conditions.

Thank you for reading my post,
Mandi

2 comments:

Eric said...

Mandi, I liked reading your blog, especially the part about Model U.N. I agree with your outlook on global affairs, in the sense that it is important empathize with people from other cultures, nations, etc. I, too, took this course to improve my writing skills, as we will both need to be at the top of our game in April. Seee ya!

whopkins said...

Hey Mandi, your blog looks great and I really enjoyed it. I like how you have expressed yourself through your colors and also I think it is really cool how you put your boyfriend in your picture and mentioned him. That is a very nice gesture. Also, great job on the Vonage example, have a good weekend.