Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Research

My first primary source only have a few things that make it primary. It has a couple of statistical data graphs that chart growth of transnational corporations. I had trouble finding concrete statistical studies with lexis nexis statistical. It was difficult because, this one was not already explained to us in class, and once I found a study that appealed to me, I couldn't even find the full text because the links on the abstract would never lead me to it, and when I looked up the titles on the general search, I never found the particular study that I wanted. So my first source has a lot of secondary input on foreign direct investment of transnational corporations. My second document is a primary source of a transcript of a capitol hill hearing testimony dealing with the inability of the Federal Regulation and Oversight of Energy's inability to discern the regulatory failures of the company Enron. This was found relatively quickly on the Lexis Nexis congressional studies

1 comment:

Marissa S said...

I had trouble with the lexis nexis statistical website also. You may want to check out lexis nexis academic. At least for my subject, it was the most helpful for finding primary sources. I did not try lexis nexis congressional studies website but I think I need to because everyone I have talked to so far really liked that website.