Monday, September 8, 2008

How will I choose?

As of now I am maturing in my political position. In other words, I am at the intermediate stage between changing from the politics/values that I was encultured into, to determining my own position about policy. Because of this state, I can not reach some decisions on ethical issues such as abortion or gay marriage.

I do want to choose the candidate who I feel has the best policy to restore The U.S's economic state. I understand that the United States is a very social entity that wants to engage into the activities of other nations, but there comes a point and time where the nation's leader must solve the problems of his or her country.

Once I find the candidate that appeases my feelings towards the economic intent, discovering exactly what the candidates foreign diplomacy policy is will be another important component in my decision. One of of the big issues dealing with foreign diplomacy is how will the candidate handle the War in Iraq. If I do vote, I might be likely to chooses to create a plan to pull out of the Iraqi war.

Global Warming is another important stand I will consider in my choosing. I want to pick the candidate that identifies that this is in fact a growing problem that must somehow be retarded.
In relation to this issue, I want to choose the candidate who I think has the best goals in developing alternative energy due to the depletion of oil and because of the negative effects it has on the environment.

Though I am not one hundred percent about my own stand on some issues, I do have some strong ideas of what would be the better policy to benefit American citizens.

No comments: